M2Bob doesn't work on VMWare

M2Bob doesn't work on VMWare

New

Hello,

I have a problem using M2Bob on VMWare.
      I use VMWare Workstation 15, the VM is configured correctly, the game starts normally without M2Bob but by launching the game with M2Bob the game remains black and does not respond, the problem occurs when hardware acceleration is activated.

I tried on Windows 10 and Windows 7 and neither of them works.

Here's a .gif of the problem: i.imgur.com/VoQVUKz.gifv

[Virtual Machine Config]
      Memory: 4Gb
      Graphics: 3Gb (Hardware Acceleration enabled)
      Processor: 1 (8 cores)

New

Are you sure this is a problem from M2Bob?
      I just tested the newest M2Bob Version on our Patchserver in VirtualBox on Windows XP and it did work :)

I think the problem is metin2 itself and not m2bob here...

If you want to support the work of us, please renew/activate your uploaded.net premium account with the following link:
      >>> ul.to/ref/13987238 <<<

New

I'm pretty sure that the problem does not come from metin2, as I said, without M2Bob the game starts perfectly.

Demonstration here (Without M2Bob, with Hardware Acceleration): i.imgur.com/xuWRwZR.gifv

The problem only occurs with hardware acceleration enabled. Without hardware acceleration, M2bob is working properly but in-game FPS are extremely low.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “wazazuzu” ().

New

The problem with the solution that you propose is that it is impossible to manage the bots in case of problem because the in-game rendering is very slow that we can not move or move the camera.

The best thing would be to be able to solve this problem of compatibility with the acceleration hardware of VMWare, that would make M2Bob more optimized on VMWare.

VirtualBox could also work but the graphical memory is really weak and to do manual actions, I guess it's the same horror as on VMWare.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “wazazuzu” ().

New

Soooo, I dont know where the problem comes from
      Was is present old all versions of M2Bob? If no, which was the latest version where it worked? :)
      Did you test it on other Servers? Metin2 Gameforge? Metin2.sg for example?

If you want to support the work of us, please renew/activate your uploaded.net premium account with the following link:

New

For older versions of M2Bob, I have not tried to launch M2Bob on a VM until now, so I could not tell you if it worked before.

For the other server, I tried on Metin2 SG and Metin2 EN and both work well with M2Bob and hardware acceleration. It seems that the problem only occurs on the FR version of the game.

Post was edited 1 time, last by “wazazuzu” ().

New

Thats wierd, but also hints that it has something todo with the Server...
      You could try doing a reinstallation of Metin2 Gameforge and also try older versions to see if that helps :)

New

After the tests I did yesterday on SG and EN servers, I thought it could come from my installation of Metin2 FR and I reinstalled the game but the problem was still present. :(

I wanted to try with older versions of M2Bob available at this link M2Bob's Full Archive but most files have expired and the Adf.ly account is suspended, so I can't download older versions of M2Bob. I still downloaded version 8.7.4 and the problem also occurs on it (still no problem on SG and EN).

EDIT: It seems that the problem only occurs when the game is in French language, M2Bob works correctly when the language pack is in English on the French servers. ^^

The problem is still present on the French language pack, I hope it is possible for you to solve this problem.

Post was edited 2 times, last by “wazazuzu” ().

New

Thats very wierd...maybe it has todo with special characters in french, but I really dont have any idea on how this could be the case...

But if changing it to english works for you, thats great :)